Light Cube Light Cube

A nice little game, but not very challenging. perfectly playable but felt like a first level to something that should have got more complex.

RPG Adventure Theme RPG Adventure Theme

It's a good idea but to my mind sounds a bit like a section of something bigger rather than an entire piece. The rhythm in the lower strings gets a bit repetitive, and also the melody instruments seem to take it in turns, one a time waiting patiently for their turn. It might be good to have some polyphony in the parts so that you can build up the texture a bit which will also give it some direction.

I hope that doesn't come across as too critical as it definitely does have potential.
If you fancy having a critique of anything of mine that would be fab, Skeleton march is probably the most closely related to this kind of thing.

ET16 responds:

Yeah I've having trouble with this song when it comes to keeping it away from the repetitive side I'm thinking completely scrapping the solo string part after the horns and replace it with something else. Thank you for the review I'll try to add some polyphony into the song and see how that works

Lay it down Tommy Lay it down Tommy

Very Chilled! Nice. I like the laid back feel of it and the meandering quality, that said my only complaint was that it didn't seem to have a direction and it might have been nice to have a bit of contrast somewhere, but then that free improvisatory nature is also it's charm so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

jaysummers759885 responds:

This was all free improve. No planning of any kind.

This whole piece is ad lib.

Thanks for liking and checking it out. ^_^

Running Running

I Like it! It's not really a genre that I am massively keen on I have to admit but it is a very good example of that genre (if that makes any sense). It is well produced and has a real punch and drive.

I did find it a little bit repetitive, but again that could be considered a feature of the genre. However, I would maybe bring it down a little in the middle section, where the piano comes in at about 1:37ish for a bit of contrast which would also make it feel even punchier when it kicks back in at 2:15.

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Alright awesome! Thanks for your detailed review telling me what's right and wrong along with how it could be better!

I*ll be sure to put these improvements into my song so later on i can take a look back on this song in the future :)